This blog post is about the pre-configuration required for creating a service call in a standalone company using SAP FSM.
Standalone company means there won’t be any predefined data, everything you have to create/configure in the system from scratch. The first part of this blog shows the creation of data and configuration required to run a service call. The second part of this blog will show the execution of service calls using the same data.
To create a service call you need to configure following items in FSM
- Business partner/customer
- Contact person
Configuring technician in FSM:
There are different ways through which a technician can be configured in the system
- By adding a user in admin and assigning a Service technician group to that user.
- By navigating to master data> peoples and adding the technician manually
- By importing a csv file of technician in master data> people
- By integrating through API which can import the technicians from a different system
Below are the steps of creating a technician in FSM by assigning a Service technician group to a user
Configuring Business partner/customer
There are different ways through which a business partner can be added into the system
- By navigating to master data> Business partner and add the Business partner manually clicking on the (+) button
- By importing the Business partner csv file. The template of the business partner csv file can be found on the same screen
- By integrating through API which can import the business partner from different system
Below are the steps of creating a business partner in FSM manually
This blog provides the preconfiguration required to run the service call in FSM using the Standalone company. There are different ways through which the data configuration can be done in the system which are also mentioned.
The second part of this blog will include the details of running service calls using the same data.